Libra is balance. Literally – that’s the definition, but it’s also our mission. We see “balance” in our commitment to a whole-plant approach to cannabis retail. We pride ourselves in carrying the best products; best for your mind, wallet, wellness and recreation. That being said, it’s no secret that CBD is an up and coming wellness solution with promising results – and by now that’s a pretty widely accepted fact. Unlike traditional medicines, CBD does not come with the variety of severe side effects that mainstream medications often do.
We’ve compiled a list of potential benefits that have been attributed to CBD, based on a few different research studies. We absolutely love CBD. As a company, we’ve heard and seen so many wonderful success stories from our customers and we are excited for the potential this product has. We proudly carry top-tier products like Papa & Barkley and Mary’s Medicinals, and our buyers are constantly scouring the industry for other great products. Libra defines a great CBD solution as “full-spectrum” – a blend of cannabinoids from the entire plant that delivers a powerful remedy.
That being said, we cannot legally make any claim that CBD has any proven health related benefits. It’s a tricky area right now and there’s simply not enough official research or data to prove how it truly effects the body over time. That doesn’t change the way we feel about it, but transparency is important to us and we want you to have the facts. You can download an Ultimate Guide to CBD Here to read later, but here’s a synopsis:
1) CBD has been shown to reduce pain by reducing the inflammation that causes it.
2) Research has shown that CBD can aid smoking cessatiopn by making addiction cues less severe.
3) The FDA has recently approved the first CBD-based drug for several forms of epilepsy. CBD has been shown to help epilepsy by reducing the number and severity of seizures. Research also indicates that CBD possesses “neuroprotective properties, allowing the brain to be better protected when seizures do occur” (3).
4) Researchers have also been looking at the effectiveness for mental illnes. CBD has promise in reducing anxiety by interacting with the same receptors in the brain that traditional medications interact with, which leads to improvement without the side effects. It also has promise in helping people with depression because it acts similar to antidepressants, but may provide quicker relief.
5) CBD may be able to help with some cancer symptoms by increasing appetite, decreasing nausea, and decreasing pain. Studies have shown that CBD effects cancer cells as well. It decreases their abilityu to grow, decreases their ability to attach, prevents migration, and may shrink tumors.
6) Preliminary research has suggessted that CBD can help control Diabetes 1 by promoting balance in the autoimmune system and reducing the amount of insulin needed.
7) CBD has anti-inflammatory qualities, which helps reduce acne and can help with other skin problems.
8) Although studies have only been conducted on mice, CBD shows promise in helping with Alzheimer’s by reducing cognitive impairment.
9) As we know, marijuana causes what we lovingly call “munchies”. CBD provides a similar effect and this stimulation shows promise in treating serious vomiting and appetite problems.
10) Research has shown that CBD provides relief to people suffering with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). In can help reduce pain, reduce muscle stiffness, reduce extremity spasms, and reduce bowel and bladder dysfunction.
11) CBD has shown promise in helping with cardiovascular health. It may help to prevent disease, promote relaxation of arteries, reduce negative responses, reduce cardiac arrythmias, reduce risk of death, reduce risk of additional heart attacks, reduce imminent death-rates, and reduce cell-death.
12) CBD has antiseptic qualities, which is useful in treating bacteria. This is useful because more bacteria are becoming drug-resistant, which means we need to explore different options.
13) CBD has shown promise in promoting sleep and helping with insomnia.
14) Research has shown that CBD helps with drug withdrawal by lowering anxiety and side effects from withdrawing.
15) CBD has been shown to improve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
16) CBD may be able to increase the ability to focus, which may help people who suffer from ADHD.
17) Due to the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD, it has the ability to reduce pain levels and inflammation for people who suffer from arthritis. Research has shown that CBD may reduce or prevent nerve damage.
18) Intial research has shown that CBD has promise in helping those with autism. CBD therapy may help to regulate symptoms.
19) People who suffer from fibromyalgia may find relief in using CBD. Initial studies have shown that CBD can help reduce pain and may even be more effective than traditional medications.